R-5 XPS Insulation Board
To meet the R13+5 prescriptive method requirements of the 2009 Energy Code in Zones 5, 6 and Marine 4, Use GreenGuard R-5 (1″) XPS Insulation Board for walls sheathed with 25% or less structural sheathing.
Continuous Insulation (Ci) means creating an insulation blanket around the exterior of the structure. When you apply GreenGuard R-5 XPS Insulation over studs, you create a wall with reduced energy loss through thermal bridging and less potential for moisture problems. With insulation on the exterior of the wall cavity, the dew point is moved outward, reducing the potential for condensation on the warm side of the wall cavity. And, since XPS Insulation does not absorb water, you create an additional barrier to water penetration from the exterior.
GreenGuard R-5 XPS Insulation Board is available as square-edge (CM) or shiplap-edge (SL) sheets.
|TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|Product Type||ASTM C 578||IV|
Thermal Resistance, R-Value
| ASTM C 518
(@75° Mean Temperature)
|ASTM C 518||0.2|
(min.,psi @ 10% Deflection)
|ASTM D 1621||25|
(Max. % by Volume)
| ASTM E 96
|ASTM E 84/ UL 723||
|ASTM C 303||1.55|
- XPS Board & BuildingWrap-NFPA 285 Tested Wall Assemblies
- Technical Bulletin 15 - IECC Reference Guide
- Code Report - Extruded Polystyrene Insulation Board
- Type IV 25 PSI Insulation Board Product Sheet
- XPS Board- Wind Pressure Performance
- XPS Sheathing-Attachment of Wall Coverings Through XPS Insulation
- XPS Insulation Board-Contribution to LEED Credits